Consistency is Crucial for IIT/JEE Preparations – Here is How to Maintain It
Competitive exams like IIT/JEE demand a lot of hard work, concentration, and practice sessions. There is no denying the fact that the preparation phase for the IIT/JEE exams will bring a lot of challenges for students.
It is up to you to dodge them off and stay focused on your track to achieve your goal. Before you start with the IIT/JEE preparations, you need a proper plan. Remember the important thing is to ensure consistency during the preparation phase.
While mock tests and online exam preps play a vital role, the plan to crack IIT/JEE depends a lot on the phase in which you start preparations. For instance, if you start class XI or XII, it might be a bit difficult.
The reason is, you have to prepare for the board exams also. Things get more challenging for the IIT/JEE aspirants who start preparations after class XII exams. Thus, it is crucial to start preparations at an earlier stage.
You can join an IIT/JEE coaching and things will be easier for you. However, if you don’t plan on taking up IIT/JEE coaching, then it is even more important to plan early to succeed in the exam.
Prep.Study – the platform for FREE & unlimited mock tests brings you a checklist of tips that will help you in maintaining consistency for the IIT/JEE preparations.
Tips to Maintain Consistency for IIT/JEE Preparations or Other Competitive Exams
1. Plan Right
As we said earlier, this is the first thing you need to do. While planning your preparations for competitive exams, you might feel stressed out. Make sure to not go overboard with the daily or weekly goals. Set a simple schedule with achievable goals and make sure to follow that to the core.
Anything you do, needs motivation, especially when it comes to preparing for competitive exams like IIT/JEE. If you realize the value of what you’re doing, you will aspire harder to achieve your dreams.
You can try out different tricks for the needed kick. For instance, you can come up with a friendly challenge with your friends or family members that you will get a certain score or dare yourself when you feel that you are losing the necessary motivation.
3. Using Querky Stgationery
Now, this might sound a bit strange to you, but did you know that using query stationery can help you with online exam preparation? It works in a great way. Here is what you can do.
You can use colorful sticky notes for writing the short-term goals. You can also use the standout highlighter pen to mark the important points. This will kill the black & white boredom and offer you a dose of fun while preparing for competitive exams.
4. Never Think About How Others are Preparing
The most common thing for any IIT/JEE aspirant is to think about how others are preparing. That brings a lot of peer pressure and hampers your preparation.
Stop thinking about what others are doing, how they are preparing, how long they are taking to prepare a subject, or what are the results of their mock tests.
When you think too much about others, you will get sidelined from yours. Always remember to pay attention to your preparation. Yes, competition is necessary but it’s fine as long as it is healthy.
These tips will help you prepare for competitive exams like IIT/JEE. Now, to make your online exam preparation easier, here are some guidelines on the three primary subjects of JEE – Physics, Chemistry & Maths.
How to Prepare for JEE Mathematics
- Remember that Maths is all about concepts. Prioritize on understanding the concepts and then use the practice sets & mock tests to practice as many problems as possible.
- Keep your focus more on the chapters that you are weak. Solve more problems out of them from the mock tests and practice sessions.
- Ensure accuracy while solving the problems. Don’t be in a hurry or else you will miss out on steps and that will lead to confusion.
How to Prepare for JEE Physics
- The first thing to know about Physics is it is never about memorizing. Physics will always demand a logical explanation and reasoning. Always remember that.
- The key to crack JEE Physics is to focus more on the important chapters while keeping the weightage in mind. It might happen that you were not able to cover every chapter. Focus on the chapters that are important.
- Make short notes for all the topics you study in Physics. That comes in handy during the revision after mock tests and online exam prep. Also, this will help you to increase the speed without losing precision when you solve IIT/JEE physics problems.
How to Prepare for JEE Chemistry
- While preparing for the Chemistry preparation for IIT/JEE, opt for numerous revisions.
- Just like Physics, this is also a subject that you cannot memorize and you have to understand the concept of the topics.
- Create your own set of tricks to remember important topics like the periodic tables and more.
- One of the important factors of Chemistry is, there will be exceptions. Never forget the exceptions because these confuse students a lot. Thus, these are the ones that are mostly asked in exams.
These are the factors that will help you maintain consistency during your preparation for competitive exams like IIT/JEE and others. Remember that consistency in preparation is the key to cracking the competitive exams and the board exams as well.
Stay calm and keep your focus on your goals. Make sure to get enough rest/sleep and add some physical exercise to your routine. Sound sleep and a healthy body can help you in performing well in your mock tests and practice sessions.